We recently interviewed Jack Chapman, author of "Negotiating Your Salary: How to Make $1,000 a Minute," for an upcoming segment on the Career Success Radio Show. In advance of the interview, I had picked up and read his book and wanted to give a quick overview and recommendation.
Highlights of the book include answers to the following key questions:
- Who should mention compensation first -- you or the employer?
- What are the biggest salary negotiation mistakes that job seekers make?
- What is the best way to answer an initial offer made by an employer?
- What salary range should you ask for?
- How do you get your employer to WANT to give you a raise?
- What are the key "Salary Negotiation Rules" that everyone should be aware of?