All of us desire an exciting, fulfilling career that enables us to achieve alignment with our purpose, create value for others and provide us with a comfortable and prosperous lifestyle.
As an Executive Career Coach for the past 15 years, it has been my pleasure to work with hundreds of high-performing executives in helping them to push the envelope in achieving lasting career success.
Career Success is a PROCESS. It's a process that requires commitment to learning, experiencing and mastering what we've identified as 15 Key Career Success Elements. Those Elements include Three Key Philosophies, Six Key Career Strategies and Six Key Career Skills as follows:
- Proactive Career Management - The Core Philosophy - Taking control of your career and driving the process of achieving lasting career success. LESS THAN 5% of business professionals and leaders adopt this philosophy. That same 5% achieves INCREDIBLE career success.
- Achieving and Sustaining Optimum Work/Life
Integration. Getting this right --
keeping your life in balance --
provides a wonderful foundation for allowing BIG IMPACT at
work and on the job.
- Actively Embracing Lifelong Learning - Taking it upon YOURSELF to keep current in the latest thinking in your areas of expertise.
Six Key Career
- Leveraging Your Key Strengths
- Building and Maintaining Powerful Connections
- Building and Maintaining a Powerful Personal Brand
- Surrounding Yourself with an All-Star Team
- Supportive and Inspiring Leadership
- Becoming a "Value Animal" - ALWAYS Exhibiting a Value-Added Mindset - In everything you do
Mastery of the
Six Key Career Success Skills:
- Exceptional Communication and Presentation Skills
- Coaching and Mentoring Others - Bringing the absolute BEST out in others
- Embracing Change and Mastering Adaptability
- Time Management, Goal-setting and Execution
- Decision-Making - Developing confidence in the decisions you make ... and trust on the part of others in the decisions you make
- Selling and Negotiating - Selling yourself effectively, selling your ideas and negotiating win-win solutions
What is YOUR current career
How well have YOU mastered the Career Success Philosophies, Strategies and Skills?
A Quick Self-Assessment Exercise: Rate yourself of a scale of 1 to 10, with "10" being defined as ultimately mastery of the respective philosophy, strategy or skill; then consider the following questions:
- In which areas did you score the lowest?
- Pick one or two of those low scoring areas and formulate a 30 day action plan to get some traction and momentum going in improvement in those areas.
- Do the same thing 30 days from now.
- Re-score yourself every 90 days and chart your progress.
Remember.....Career Success is a Process....A process of developing knowledge, experience and mastery of the 15 Key Career Success Elements.
FINAL THOUGHT: Can YOU think of an element MISSING? Do you know of other Career Success Elements not incorporated directly or indirectly in the above 15 Key Elements?
SHARE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW. The 15 Elements have been developed, fine-tuned and polished over time. I'm always open to further fine-tuning and adjustments, so YOUR IDEAS ARE DEFINITELY WELCOME.
All the best to YOUR Career Success!
Co-host, Career Success Radio Show
A leading authority on career success; 15-year executive coaching veteran
Contact: Andy@CRGLeaders.com, 239-285-5575