Quality and Personal Excellence are two key elements of your Personal Brand. The degree to which you fully embrace the importance of these elements is communicated to others on a continuous basis and is incorporated into others' vision of who you are -- i.e., the Personal Brand that you broadcast . Those who are fully aware of this fact can definitely undertake action to broadcast a Personal Brand that elevates their professionalism through conscious focus on Quality and Personal Excellence.
Quality and Personal Excellence are broadcast by you through all of the following activities:
- Every email message you send to someone else.
- Every voice mail message you leave for someone.
- The voice mail message that others hear when they try to reach you.
- Your email "signature."
- Any and all social media profiles you have on networking sites online: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Every written deliverable you submit to anyone else -- report, analysis, memo, white paper, article, newsletter, letter, brochure.
- Any presentation you make in front of anyone else.
- Every business card you hand out to someone else.
- The manner in which you greet a stranger or anyone else you meet for the first time.
- The manner in which you present yourself physically - your style of dress and grooming.
- Every conversation you have with another person.
- The quality of the people you "hang around with."
- The role you play in community and professional organizations.
- The degree of kindness and compassion you communicate to others in every interaction you have.
Each of the above activities represent an opportunity to communicate a high level of quality and personal excellence. Missing the beat on any one of these activities represents a chink in your chain of successfully offering a consistent message of your commitment to quality and personal excellence.
Take an inventory of how well you are broadcasting your personal brand elements of quality, excellence and professionalism through all of the above activities. Commit today to a personal program of continuous improvement.
In today's market, there is no question that the personal brand elements of quality and personal excellence are more important than ever. The value you add to your employer, your clients, your professional network and your personal network will be significantly enhanced through relentless attention to these elements.
Co-host, Career Success Radio Show
A leading authority on career success; 15-year executive coaching veteran
Contact: Andy@CRGLeaders.com, 239-285-5575