Leadership, professional development, and personal growth require us (DEMAND us) to take risks, to "push the envelope" and to occasionally (frequently?) step onto the stage of "boldness."
Being bold requires courage, being bold may put us in a vulnerable position; but being bold also creates opportunity, opens doors and gets the attention of others -- others who can help us, others who can partner with us in making amazing things happen, and others who can champion our cause.
What does "being bold" mean to you?
Consider an upcoming appointment on your calendar or an important task on your plate this week, and ask yourself: "What is ONE bold -- 'step-out-of-my-box' -- action I can take that could incite positive momentum or breakthrough results?
- What can I do that might not be expected but could make a big difference?
- What would I do if I had NO FEAR?
- What bold step have I seen others take in similar situations? What is something similar that I could do?
- How can I play to MY STRENGTHS in a way that would amp up my boldness in approaching the situation?
- How can I use social media to create a bold impression and possibly incite action?
- Who could I call to ask and seek out advice on a bold step to take here?
- What exactly is holding me back from taking bold action here? What would help me overcome that (or those) obstacles?
Go ahead and jot down a few ideas now, mull them over, then pick one bold idea that you intend to put into play. Now .... put it into play -- TODAY, if possible
Accelerate your success by embracing the vulnerability of being bold. Make deliberate, planned and well-thought-out "boldness" a habit.
What is ONE BOLD THING you can do TODAY?
Co-host, Career Success Radio Show
A leading authority on career success; 15-year executive coaching veteran