Okay .... the holidays are behind us and the reality of a New Year is upon us. Many of my clients and friends (including myself) had the intention to formulate their goals and plans for 2012 before the end of the year -- during "available" holiday period time. But .... as most of us found, the much talked about "available" time got consumed with other (and probably equally [or more] important) holiday and family activities.
So....what to do? Make JANUARY your 2012 Plan development month. Set a personal goal of formulating a COMPELLING personal and professional Plan for the year before the end of January. Doable? Absolutely!
In support of the above contention, I read an excellent article today posted on one of my favorite blogsites -- www.LifeHack.org (check it out). The article, "Why You Should Start Your New Year in FEBRUARY," makes a number of compelling points (Read the full article HERE):
- The Holidays are Hectic - You’ve just come off of a hectic holiday season – and for some of us that started back in early November. You’ve been on the move since then, attending holiday parties, eating copious amounts of food and frantically trying to wrap up all of your open loops before the end of the year hits.
- Make a SINGLE Resolution on January 1st - If you make a single resolution to take the first month of the calendar year to focus on the future through reflection and planning without the baggage of a worn out body and mind, wouldn’t you have a higher chance of achieving what you set out to do?
- Focus On a Quality Plan in January - Make January a month of setting yourself up rather than sprinting in to the new year with full intentions and not enough energy to see them through over the long haul. Remember that a year is a marathon, not a sprint.
To assist you in your effort, I offer the TWO following powerful PLANNING TOOLS, both of which I highly recommend ... and one of which I am PERSONALLY USING (as noted below):
- Launching 2012 with an Inspiring Personal Plan -- The 31-Day Success Plan offered (for free) by Accerate Success Blog host, Dave Carpenter (this is the one I am personally using and the one a number of my clients are using). I am presenting Dave's Plan through a series of postings on MY own blogsite, Career Success Partners, and my Community site, Career Success Community over the coming days and weeks (check it out).
- Goal-Setting and Actions Workbook -- Presented later this week by Scott Dinsmore's "Live Your Legend Blog" (check it out).
January is a great month to reflect, inventory your prior year achievements and prepare and plan for the months to come. You'll be MUCH better prepared in January to devote the quality of time and effort needed to formulate a powerful and compelling personal and professional Plan for 2012 -- one that will enable you to look back at the end of 2012 and call it YOUR BEST YEAR EVER!
Take the plunge .... BEGIN TODAY .... CHART YOUR COURSE for the best year of your life in 2012.
Co-host, Career Success Radio Show
A leading authority on career success; 15-year executive coaching veteran
Contact: Andy@CRGLeaders.com, 239-285-5575