Weekends are a great time to step away from the pressures of work, spend some quality time with your family and loved ones, and recover physically and mentally from the previous work week. As the weekend comes to a close and Monday morning nears the horizon, consider these three ideas for getting your week off to a fabulous start:
- Arrive at the office 30 minutes earlier this Monday morning. Close your door and forward your office phone. Use this time to PLAN YOUR WEEK:
- Review your calendar for last week, this week and next week
- Review your project list
- Review your "to do" lists
- Review your annual goals -- business and personal
- Review your inbox (paper inbox)
- Review your email inbox and key folders (but try to refrain from beginning the process of responding to emails during your planning time)
- As part of your weekly planning, identity the TOP THREE GOALS you'd like to achieve this coming week -- what are the three MOST IMPORTANT tasks or projects that you need to accomplish? For each of these top three goals, what is the VERY NEXT ACTION you need to do (or delegate to someone else).
- Schedule and protect time blocks. Schedule blocks of time ON YOUR CALENDAR to work on tasks associated with your top three goals. Time blocks of 60 to 90 minutes generally work best. Ideally time blocks should be uninterrupted time behind closed doors in your office whenever possible (or away from your office).
Entering the work week with clarity on your goals, a clear plan of action, and sufficient time scheduled to work on them FEELS GOOD and will almost always have a positive impact on your productivity and results for the week.
Hit the ground running on Mondays .... get a positive start on your work week. All the best to you for a GREAT week....
Co-host, Career Success Radio Show
A leading authority on career success; 15-year executive coaching veteran
Contact: Andy@CRGLeaders.com, 239-285-5575