Take a moment today to step back and look at the RECURRING tasks you do .... those things you do once a week or so, those things you do daily, or those things you do multiple times each day.
Jot down a quick list of those things, then ask yourself this question: "Which of these task could I do quicker, better, with higher quality or more consistently if I followed an organized PROCESS?"
Choose one of the tasks, then consider the following steps to "wrap a process" around the task:
- Develop a checklist for the task
- Create a paper form and make copies with the steps listed, OR
- Create an electronic (Word document) form with the steps listed, OR
- Use Evernote as a task list
- List the tasks in logical order, in sequence
- Ensure your list is complete
- Include notes, instructions, etc., where relevant
- Use it the very next time you perform the task, and verify it's completeness
Checklists are wonderful tools to ensure an organized and complete process is followed.
Checklists also serve to help you DELEGATE the task (or portions of the task) to others -- giving you confidence that a complete process is followed.
What task can you improve with a checklist today?
Co-host, Career Success Radio Show
A leading authority on career success; 15-year executive coaching veteran
Contact: Andy@CRGLeaders.com, 239-285-5575