Leaders, managers .... how often have you asked a team member to do something and found that it didn't get done when you expected?
Try this today .... Tag ALL of your requests with a due date and time, particularly those that are time senstive and impact a due date or deadline that you have ownership date. Ask them:
- When can it be done -- date and time?
- Is there anything else I have given you that you'll need to re-priortize to get this new request done at that date and time?
- What will be the obstacles to getting it done by that date and time?
- How will you overcome those obstacles?
- Are you fully committed to your indicated date and time?
- If not, what date and time would you be fully committed to?
Make a habit of tagging your request from others with a due date and time and observe the difference it makes.
Co-host, Career Success Radio Show
A leading authority on career success; 15-year executive coaching veteran
Contact: Andy@CRGLeaders.com, 239-285-5575