It all started slowly .... I used it sporadically .... then, slowly, new ideas and new ways of using Evernote surfaced -- my own ideas and ideas that others shared with me. Now .... I'm a fan, a fanatic actually, and I use it ALL THE TIME. Everything goes into Evernote:
- Important emails
- ALL of my notes from ALL of my work-related and personal calls and conversations. They're either typed in OR I scan in written notes
- Every receipt for every purchase I make
- Book recommendations
- Every idea that flashes into my head .... captured immediately into Evernote
- Minutes and notes from every meeting I attend
- Business cards
- Pictures of things I want (or need) to buy
- My goals -- business and personal
- Voice mail messages
My desk is clean. I have NO MORE post it notes. I no longer use my paper-based filing cabinet. No scraps of paper. No notes lying around .... they've all been scanned into Evernote and DISCARDED.
Best of all .... ALL of the above is readily accessible to me wherever I am .... it's "in the cloud" .... on my computer, on anyone else's computer, on my iPhone, on my iPad. It's completely ubiquitous.
If you're not familiar with Evernote, here are TWO excellent resources:
- A video overview of the tool -- this is definitely worth watching and will give you the basics. Click here to watch the video (approximately 12 minutes, but again, well worth the time).
- THE BEST BOOK written on the subject, Evernote Essentials -- Click here for more info on the book.
Give it a try .... or IF you're already using it, watch the video and read the book for tons of GREAT ideas for how to fully leverage this amazing tool.
Co-host, Career Success Radio Show
A leading authority on career success; 15-year executive coaching veteran
Contact: Andy@CRGLeaders.com, 239-285-5575